Rianna & John
WEDDING IN MAS PALOU
Here I leave you with some questions that I have asked you about the process of planning their wedding.
- Tell me a little bit about yourselves and how did you met.
Rianna and I are both designers that like life’s simple pleasures – great food, travel and a good party. We met freshman year if college at Tulane University in New Orleans. Due to the intense nature of our shared major, architecture, we spent many a night getting to know each other while we drew floor plans and built models. We’ve continued our love for design into our careers – a product designer and architect respectively – living in New York.
- What kind of wedding did you had and how did you get inspired?
We wanted to have a small wedding with our closest friends A destination wedding in Spain, one of our favorite places in the world, was the perfect place We wanted the wedding to feel like an over the top dinner party at the end of an amazing few days with our wedding guests We had small events leading up to the wedding that allowed everyone to enjoy some quality time together exploring the area.
- Where was your wedding and why did you chose this venue?
We chose to get married outside Sitges in the wine region of Penedes The venue was Mas Palau, a family vineyard that had been continuously held since the 16th century We wanted a venue that felt authentic with a rich history – something that really represented Spain The owners of the venue were so welcoming and made us feel like part of the family.
- Let’s talk about your outfit! How do you say “Yes” to the dress?
This might sound crazy…but I bought my used dress from a seller my exact size in Chicago. I actually went and tried it on when we were on a trip to the area and bought it the same day. I plan to resell it too!
- Can you share the most important songs that played at your wedding?
Carter III ~ Lil Wayne.
- Which vendors did you hired and why did you chose them?
We spent a lot of time researching vendors, especially since we weren’t familiar with vendors in Spain before beginning the planning process We were totally convinced with everyone we worked with and would highly recommend them to anyone planning a wedding in the area!
- Please highlight the best or more emotive moments of your wedding day.
Spending time with our family and closest friends at Mas Palau leading up to the wedding was really special. Those little moments in such an amazing place will stay with us forever.
- If you could give a piece of advice to a couple who are starting to plan their wedding what would it be?
Start small Pick the three biggest things you care about, focus on them, and don’t stress about everything else. Easier said than done, but worth a shot.